Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Corruption


Recent politics in Karnataka made me to think and think, very seriously. Specially the people who are in the news and the people who are behind the news.
I recently received this SMS from some on my phone, which made me to think even more, the SMS which I received reads as fallows:
“ Urgent opening for CM Post in Karnataka, interested candidate may sent their resume to BJP office in Bangalore salary 100 Crors, incentives depends on the criminal record”

Few days ego I have seen a poster put all across the Bangalore by ABVP calling students to join for a protest to fight against central government and its involvement in 2G spectrum corruption. I actually stopped and re read thinking that I might have left some thing in the poster, but no I have read correctly except Central Government there is no other government names. The message was clear it was a protest against Central Government on the 2G spectrum corruption, nothing else.

After the Court thought I will go home and have lunch and take a small break from the day so I went home around 2 in the noon. These day I have almost stopped watching news channels, simply because I remember my child hood we did not had any TV in-fact the TV came to our village some time in late 80's ( and to your house some time late 90's) but we are all use to listen the news from the AIR form our radio. Some time the transmission was very bad mostly because of the place the radio placed or the antenna in which it was placed (I remember at the end of 10th stranded I know what is the problem with the radio and how to repair it). My father never missed that news and it seems to be thats how even I have picked up to listen to the news. Mostly on that time the news use to be read out and we know what we are hearing. Today things have changed people do not read news in the electronic media and the news is fully opinionated, in addition to this for some reason they think that they are very powerful and they act as if they are clean and have no where facilitated to the facts.

Any away that apart what was happening/ is happening in Karnataka makes every one to eager to know where we are, its also because our 'Benevolent Chief Minister' and his statement makes us angry and also eager to see whats happening that's when thought let me peep in to the news channel, and thats how I put on the TV for news.
What was shocking is this guy 'Girish Mattannavar,' a Sub-Inspector of Police who was suspended for allegedly planting crude explosives in the Legislators' Home here some time in 2003 as part of his claimed fight against corruption, joined the BJP immediately in the year 2004, was addressing the press. What is said was very interesting, he is not speaking any thing against the BJP and the corruption charges his party facing but saying that he 'need to build army to fight against the corruption'. This is the other incident which also caught my attention.

Looking at what is happening in Karnataka and the statement made by their one political party worker, respectable people and people holding respectable post in the state indulging in bad, crude, unethical, corrupt political practices and talking about how to eradicate the corruption in the system makes me remember a line said in Kannada “Beline Heddu Hola maidange” This not just with our leader its also with our common people specially the urban middle class, who are suddenly woken up for the issues of corruption has no problem in paying bribe to police when they were caught up while drink and drive.

How do we see all these things non of us are ready to repair our house, non of us ready to see what mistake we are committing but we are ready to talk, debate, write, discuss, go to street to fight things outside the house not inside the house. This reminds me what Dr. BR Ambedkar said 'Fighting against the outsider is easy but fighting against the insider is not so easy'

1 comment:

  1. what Ambedkar said is universal truth...!!! fighting against the outsider is easy but fighting against the insider is not so easy, the reason is very simple if you going to fight against insider they will kick out you, ultimate position will be on footpath, but if you fight against outsider you can take shelter finally inside where you are...
    Its also one can notice that, we can not find any organization or political parties, so called organizations working for the welfare of poor public all are indulging in making money and money only.. so corruption is a sick beyond our control one can not cure it...

    ReplyDelete