Wednesday, June 8, 2011

8th June


Morning while going to office I was thinking what to write in the blog, suddenly I realized why I am thinking of what to write, I am not writing because I have to write, I am writing because I want to remember what happened in the day. Then thought will not think what to write but will write what happened in the day may be part.

Received few mails and comments from people it was good to hear them, and their suggestion. I have tried using some of them, but I know I have to develop more and more, and I will promise, I will try to do improve with your comments in the coming days.

After a long time today I went to Prison, was planning to go there for weeks, but some thing or the other was coming in between. Monday Ganganna had called me and insisted me to come because he wanted to refer some case for me, I thought I will go on Tuesday but was waiting for the matter so could not go. Finally, today I went and it was nice that I went, I met many of my people over there.

Ganganna's was accused in a serious case of killing police officials. He and his son are the accused among 60 other accused facing trail since last 6 years. Their bail was rejected by the High court with the direction to complete the trail with in 6 months. The 6 month time fixed by the High Court was just over but the case is still pending (hoping it will get over end of this month). He asked me a question that, he and his son want to prosecute the police for implicating them in this false case and making them to suffer in jail over 6 years. Suddenly I remember the judgment sent by one of my advocate friend from Delhi, this is a judgment rendered by SH Virendra Bhat, A.S.J., Dwaraka courts New Delhi, (SC 24/2010) in which he has directed the magistrate court to “register a case U/s 166, 193 and 195 of IPC and to proceed with the same as per law”, I wish even Ganganna's judge direct the in the same manner and make his life easy. In which case Ganganna don't have to invest time and money in prosecute the police officer who implicated him falsely in this case.

I must acknowledge his commitment to the feelings of the poor, he always try to help the poor who are in jail in a manner he can. He has refereed number of cases either for the trail or for the appeal in these year, today also he has similar case, and he brought a young boy along with him and ask me to help him in his case.

While talking to this guy I suddenly remember reading about it in paper some time in 2008. It was a case of tailor who worked and asked for the money from the owner, but the owner refused to give the money (not shore why). He came to street with out job with out money, then he decided to take revenge, went and killed her and also took some money from the home. While going out of the house he was caught hold by the police and arrested in connection with this Murder case. (but he has completely different story to say about the incident) Some time in Jan 2010 he is convected for life. He has given the paper to some advocate to file appeal, but he did not had the money to pay fee of Rs:10,000/- and the appeal is still not filed, now he has no paper, no money.

This is just one example the kind of people Mr Ganganna asks me to appear.



No comments:

Post a Comment