Monday, June 13, 2011

Hampi


Firday evening after I finished my work realized that the weekend has already come, and that to 2nd Saturday and Sunday! Decided to drive to Hampi.

Baghya and Ashok was calling us to come to Hospet for a long time, thought why cant we drive. I called Baghya but the phone is off, tried for Ashok and when I said he was quite exited and said come come!

It was already 10 PM Padma suggested that lets sleep and go in the morning and we did the same slept till 5AM and started to Hospet at 5.45am from our house. It was nice drive till Chitradurga, but the toll fee on the road was too much. I wonder how to travel if one keep charging for the drive we do.

It was very nice to meet Baghya and Ashok they were very happy to see both of us and it was the same for us as well. Baghya is restless women, she spoke non-stop of the region and the problem of the region the kind of atrocity committed on them, by the state, by the people, some time even by the people to whom they went for help. I know her commitment she is non-stop, when it come to her work looking at her I felt we are not even close to what she is doing at this age. I do not know if we will have the same strength at that age for us, she is inspiration for many people to do that kind of work.
I had been to Hampi number of time, each time I have discovered some thing or the other thing, there is so much to see there is so much to learn.

What fascinated me this time is the tunnel in which one can easily retreat and attack the enemy the idea in which it was constructed the talent in which it has been built, is what made me to think of the people who lived in that time, I think they were far far away from us and our technology.

The other place in which it makes me to think is that of Kamalapura lake water supply to the kingdom and specially to Kalyani where Lakshmi temple was built. The internal water canal in the fort was some thing quite advanced and unbelievable. There science and technology no less then the since technology in which we are talking today. Every person has some thing to learn every time one visit to such places I wish our History teacher has taken us there when we are studying the history specially Vijayanagar history, I wish our since teacher taken us to this place to see and make us to understand the irrigation system, drainage system.

Next day Dosa and the Chatni and the Dosa maker strength was telling us some thing more about this people and it is what we miss sitting in the city.

We wanted to drive back we tossed the coin to chose the rote, 3 times! For some reason I wanted to come through Ballari and finally did. Suddenly remembered a friend of mine is in Balllari, and decided to call him for proper direction! He blasted me and insisted me to come home for lunch. We did accordingly, wow Obbatu, Chikan, Ragi Ball, much more.......... later realized what we were missing:)

what is import is still there are people who respect the people,
still there are people who believe and respect the relationships,
still there are people who care for others,
still there are people who are doing some thing good.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment