Thursday, June 16, 2011

Education


I am still unable to make a habit to write the blog every day, there are day and there are reasons, which makes me unable to write blog on the daily basis, but I will try my best. I must acknowledge that there are lot more things in writings and I know writing is not easy and it need more discipline and commitment.
Yesterday Janardan from Samvada called me and asked me I could come and share what I am doing in a workshop which they were organizing for the people working with youth. I looked at my schedule and said yes, but I did not know what to talk and was thinking what would be the best to talk.
Suddenly I realize post ALF I am spending time and looking back myself. It’s good but what is that I have to speak! A conversation with my advocate friends’ day before about the possible result of the Dist Judge Exam and today morning the result was out and shockingly it was same! That reminded me of my college days and the present my teaching life in SJC and the recent evaluation.
There are many issues in our education system, it’s not equal, things are been rated based on the marks we have obtained, but we have not taught equally, there are different schools and college, there are many college and schools do not even have proper teachers that being the case how does one equate their marks with the others? This question was there for me from many days.
There are many students in the rural, why only rural even in city their main job is not to study, people like me whose first job is to work in the field and then go to school, now how do I compete with the other students whose main job is to study? That apart the kind of teaching or the kind of facility/expo students get is completely different it’s not because there were weak but the facility were not given, however they were asked to compete with the other students, how could it be possible.     
So the question I asked myself is, knowing all these, did I do justice in evaluating the answer sheets? To be honest I don’t know. I might have taken 10 mints to correct a paper which is 10 to 15 pages long. It means I read those 10-15 page in the writing which I am not familiar with, but I read understood and then awarded some marks how it could be practicable possible, I may not have more time to spend because the amount fixed to do valuating of that paper is quite low so I do not have much time. Is that correct from my part, and the system which made me to work in that condition?
I have no answer for any of these questions I hope I will find answer to those questions one day.
J

No comments:

Post a Comment